Husler Building: Doorframe
The third and fourth floors of Carnegie's Husler Building have been abandoned since the 1930s. Built in 1896, it housed an early A&P, a Lincoln Savings Bank and the Star Theater, which opened in 1905 — the second movie theater in Allegheny County after downtown's Warner Theater. During Prohibition, the fourth floor was rumored to host an invitation-only speakeasy. Today the Carnegie Historical Society occupies the first floor.