The Layton Bridge stretches over the Youghiogheny River, connecting Layton and Perryopolis PA via a one-lane tunnel. Construction began in 1893 and was completed in 1899. It was originally built for the Washington Run Railroad; the last train crossed in 1931, and the span was converted to automotive use in 1933. It's believed that the historic Spark's Fort was built nearby, as early as 1774. Key scenes of the 1991 movie "Silence of the Lambs" were filmed at a nearby house. This image was featured on the cover of the February issue of Pittsburgh Magazine.