Old Stone Tavern: Lamp
Regular price $ 40.00
Historians differ on the Old Stone Tavern's build date, with the earliest being 1752 and the latest circa 1782. It was continuously operated as a tavern or restaurant until 2009, except a temporary stint as a confectionary store during Prohibition. Located at a bend in what was the historic Washington and Pittsburgh Turnpike, the tavern served as a tollhouse and frontier trading post and likely played a role in the Whiskey Rebellion (1791-1794), the uprising against a federal excise tax on liquor.