Wilkinsburg Train Station: Front Doors
This opulent Beaux Arts-style station was built in 1916, with a vitrified-tile waiting room and massive wooden benches. The station serviced trains on the Pennsylvania Railroad. The Wilkinsburg stop was discontinued in 1975, as only 128 passengers had used the stop in the first six months of that year. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, but sat vacant and fell into disrepair until a restoration project was begun in 2016.